Shadow clone: Grognard says ‘this is the best time to go’
Shadow clone commando Grogard says he is prepared to go on the offensive against Isis in the wake of the brutal murders of two men in the city of Mosul, Iraq.
Grogard said he was “absolutely determined” to fight Isis and that he was ready to go “anywhere” to “fight”.
He said he would return to the Philippines, where he was born, if needed.
“I’ve always been a soldier and I’ll be ready for any situation,” he said.
“This is the most important time to leave,” he added.
“We have to do it.
We have to leave.
We are losing.
We need to get out.”
The two men were shot dead in the middle of a street in Mosul’s Old City on Friday.
Grogards father, James Grogarding, has said the pair were killed in an ambush by Isis militants.
The attack was the deadliest incident in the Iraqi city since a major offensive against the group began last month.
In a video posted on YouTube on Saturday, Grogarden claimed he had not been in touch with his father for a week, and said he had spoken with Isis members to warn them not to attack the families.
“The situation has been pretty much in my father’s hands for the last week or so,” Grogardo said in the video.
“He has been very calm and very patient and very kind.
But now we are getting to know each other, and he has told me, ‘you’ve got to get in touch’.”
And I’ve told him, ‘I will, and I will’.
I’m not going to let them kill my father.
I will fight them, and when the situation gets to that point, then I will go.””
They are doing it because they are under the delusion that they can’t kill us and I’m fighting back,” he continued.
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi condemned the killings, but said his country would take revenge.
He tweeted: “The killers of the two brothers are responsible for the killing of our brothers, sons and fathers.”
Iraqi President Massoud Barzani condemned the murder of the men, saying he will “do everything” to defend Iraq.
The attack comes as a series of attacks in Iraq have killed at least 17 people in the past 24 hours.
A video posted to YouTube on Sunday showed masked gunmen opening fire at civilians in Mosul on Friday night, killing three women and two children before taking off in a car.
ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack, saying the two were killed as they slept in a house they were occupying.